Outline (LSI Design Solution)
Jedat Provides an Advanced
Semiconductor Design Environment
The Top Runner in Custom Design Field
Jedat focuses on custom design fields such as analog, power device, memory, image sensors and LCD drivers.
Its development environment is a world-wide leader with high levels of design automation. When considering custom design, customers demand a reduction in the design/development cycle, It is quite challenging, however, to ensure automation of the design without impairing performance and quality. This demand for reduced design cycles, while still maintaining highly optimized designs has become a critical issue in productivity improvement of the semiconductor industry. In addition to enhancing its automated design technology, Jedat has succeeded in developing its “Constraint driven design methodology” in order to guarantee performance and quality of the circuit. This approach has contributed to the company-wide improvement of design engineersʼ skills of all levels, not only for further enhancement of high-level design needs of experienced designers.
Design Cycle Reduced by 65-80% compared to Conventional Approach
Jedatʼs customers have achieved substantial reduction in the development stage of their product design cycle in addition to quality improvements inherent in the new design approach of “constraint driven design technique”. This incorporates automatic functions such as high accuracy estimation capabilities in the early stage of the design cycle, device generation, place & route, and compaction. Jedats customers have demonstrated shortened TAT of 1/3 - 1/5 compared to their former design approach.
Jedat supports standardization as a member of various groups, including Si2 and IPL (Interoperable PDK Libraries), thus enhancing the convenience of its design tools.
Windows, Red Hat Linux
Support & Services
〜 Enhanced services taking advantage of accumulated design
and operational know-how
- Provider of enhanced individual service
- With offerings such as Custom Software Development Service adjustable to the special specification for each customer, Design Environment Creation Service, PDK (Process Design Kit) Development and Entrusted Development of SPICE Models, Jedat makes it possible for TAT reduction and quality improvement. Furthermore, Jedat offers consulting services at an even higher level, re-constructing the customers design methodology, such as providing new design environment proposals, and/or operational support after introduction and replacement of the updated design environment.
- Co-existence (transfer from customers existing design environment)
- Jedat creates ʻco-existingʼ environments with different design tools depending upon various alliances with EDA vendors. While discussing the best design resource allocation with customers, Jedat helps them to develop a new design environment. Also, Jedat focuses on effective use of design properties, offers the methods which promote the inherent and reuse of all properties such as schematic, layout data and libraries.
- Customer support
- Jedat responds to customersʼ inquiries scrupulously and quickly at its customer support center. Jedat assigns a responsible person for each account, and the staff who is well informed of customersʼ operational environment provides appropriate technical support.
- Training and seminars
- Jedat offers various training courses depending on the level of students who take the course, starting with new employeesʼ / junior engineersʼ education. Besides the standard course, it is also possible for Jedat. with customerʼs direction, to set up a special curriculum that meets the needs of the students who take the course. Moreover, Jedat regularly holds seminars at customer sites, such as when a new product is being announced/introduced.
〜 Installation record of 4,000 licenses proves the reliability
Jedat has a large installation worldwide of more than 4,000 licenses. As evidenced by this wide adoption we can safely say that the solutions we offer are widely-accepted by designers and meet customersʼ requirements.